Full Time / San Francisco (SOMA)
Quri is a San Francisco-based mobile and web startup that is bringing instantaneous crowd sourced information to the $350 billion trade marketing industry. Our retail intelligence platform connects brands and retailers to an on-demand consumer fieldforce, which provides instant, in-store visibility of products and promotions. Using Quri, brands and retailers can measure the shopper experience as it occurs, which ultimately empowers them sell more products. For consumers, Quri through our Easyshift app provides an easy way to earn supplemental income.
The Quri team is comprised of veteran technology and brand innovators who excel at building companies. We're venture-backed, and we're currently experiencing tremendous customer traction with global brands. Additionally, we have received significant media accolades, including being a featured presenter at the Wall Street Journal's exclusive D: All Things Digital executive conference in late May; and we recently appeared on the pages of All Things Digital, The San Francisco Chronicle, CNET, USA Today, and Forbes, which praised Quri for "providing deep data for national consumer brands."
Our dev team Brian, Will and Watson are 3 very talented full stack developers who have been described as “special forces”. Allan , our Data Scientist, is a PHD in economics. Our product lead, Mark who is also the VP of Product, has been successful in consumer online and mobile. The team uses versions of lean start up and agile and has developed an iOS app, customer dashboard for interpreting information from the field force, an application for managing the workforce, an analytics application and various tools for data visualization.
– Applying data analysis and metrics to real world data (think Google analytics for store-, shelf- and sku-level data)
– Algorithmically pricing our service (we’ve got a dynamic, distributed, mobile workforce )
– Intelligent location based notifications (you’ll help us crack the nut on background location notification).
– You have a proven track record of shipping amazing, scalable web applications;
– You lead by example and are confident making the tradeoffs necessary to make sure we ship product and delight customers.
– You’ve either got strong Ruby on Rails experience or a proven record with other languages and a desire to learn Rails.
– Deep interest in users and user experience
– Experience with geospatial applications, applied machine learning, workforce management and recommendation engines
– Experience with APIs
– Comfortable with PostgreSQL and a NoSQL solution
– One or more of the following acronyms mean something (positive) to you: GTD, OKR, or S.M.A.R.T.
Everything you'd expect of a start up in SOMA. A Competitive salary , meaningful equity, full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k), generous paid time off, monthly transportation stipend for eco-conscious commuters , Monthly wellness allowance for gym memberships, yoga, etc. and of course your choice of high-end laptop and 27" display
2nd and Bryant in SOMA. Close to the ballpark, South Park. Easy to get to with Muni, Bart, Ferry, Bike, Razr Scooter (No segways please) . We have a great rooftop desk/ conference room/ BBQ and parking! For you bike commuters we also have a shower. Lots of food in the fridge.