Full Time / New York, NY
A leading international branding and design consultancy is seeking a seasoned Web Developer who will be responsible for coding innovative websites for world renowned premium brand, real estate, hospitality, architecture and design clients.
The Web Developer will be proficient in building and maintaining small to medium size websites in a fast paced environment. Experienced in working with a team of designers and shipping code as an individual contributor within the team. Individual will care about writing elegant code and look for opportunities to build user-friendly websites that fulfill the goals of an identity system.
Ideal candidate will have a strong interest in design, or a desire to work closely with designers during the design phase of the project. You’ll learn about the details that make the brand identity work well on multiple levels, and eventually help guide the website design along interesting pathways based on technical opportunities and limitations.
Responsibilities will include:
▪ Website and software application designing, building and maintenance, including integration with third party API.
▪ Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications and digital media.
▪ Conferring with clients and teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
▪ Performing Website updates as required.
▪ Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
▪ Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices.
▪ Identifying problems uncovered by client feedback and testing, and correcting problems.
▪ Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices and operating systems.
Candidate should possess following skills:
▪ Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant experience.
▪ Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
▪ Deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails and comfortable with Postgres and Sass.
▪ Familiarity with version control, ideally Git and a GitHub-based workflow.
▪ Proficient in back-end development and maintenance on Heroku, AWS & Linode services. Also, familiarity with virtual private servers (VPS) and Linux environment.
▪ Self-starter with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Organized, reliable, with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple deliverables/projects.
▪ Familiarity with PHP based frameworks, such as WordPress or Drupal or prior experience in e-commerce platforms such as Magento are a plus.