Full Time / San Francisco, CA
ABOUT RIPPLE LABS
Ripple Labs is a San Francisco-based startup led by industry veterans, and funded by well-known investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, FF Angel IV, IDG Capital Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Vast Ventures. We are committed to a simple, global, and open currency and payment system. We developed the Ripple protocol and its distributed payment network, and we now work to support and promote its growth.
As a decentralized and open source global payment network, Ripple enables free and instant payments to merchants, consumers and developers with no chargebacks and in any currency - including dollars, yen, euros, and even Bitcoin. The goal is to make Ripple the best way for people to send money to anyone, anywhere.
The System Administrator will secure the Ripple Network servers that process hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of data, as well as ensure these servers are operating at their peak functionality at all times. In building out these systems and its network infrastructure while maintaining security, reliability, and scalability, the System Administrator will be necessary for the success of Ripple.
Responsibilities include: · Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems
· Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments
· Performing routine audits of systems and software
· Performing backups
· Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
· Installing and configuring new hardware and software
· Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords,etc
· Answering technical queries and assisting users
· Responsible for security
· Responsible for documenting the configuration of the system
· Troubleshooting any reported problems
· System performance tuning
· Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running
· Taking on a DevOps role: maintaining and administering system while also building out automation and scaling out
· Experience operating Linux (especially Debian/Ubuntu) servers
· Experience operating *BSD (especially FreeBSD) servers
· Familiarity with a high-stakes (financial, ecommerce, gov't, etc.) operating environment
· Ability to defend against (D)DoS attacks
· Excellent communication skills