Full Time / Sunnyvale, CA
LTA Research and Exploration, an aerospace start-up, is seeking a motivated senior software engineer to help build an revolutionary ‘lighter than air’ flight vehicle. You will work within a dynamic engineering and design team to help plan, conceptualize, rapidly prototype, test and implement innovative solutions for the design, fabrication and assembly of large experimental flight vehicles. We believe in fast-cycle development and approach to flight systems development with the motto "build a little, test a little, learn a lot.”
This unique position allows for hand-on contributions through all phases of development, from concept to flight of an experimental aerospace vehicle. We are seeking a high energy, passionate software engineer to help develop the infrastructure, testing tools, and flight software.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Support the development of flight software for the integrated flight computer
● Design, code and integrate graphical pilot cockpit displays
● Develop and extend simulation of hardware components for SIL/HIL
● Perform and troubleshoot flight hardware bring-up
● Create ICDs and other technical documentation
Qualifications and Skills
● BS in computer science, computer engineering or related field
● 10+ years of experience in a similar role
● Proficient in C, C++ and Python
● Proficient with Git version control
● Experience with embedded development, real time operating systems
● Experience with serial data busses such as RS-485 and CAN
● Self-starter with history of project ownership
● Familiarity with NASA’s open source core Flight System (cFS)
● Experienced with ARM based micro controllers (STM32 or Teensy)
● Experience with Continuous Integration practices and tools
● Comfortable with CMake build tools
● Linux kernel development experience
● VxWorks 7
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.
Please apply via our website. Thank you!