Full Time / Emeryville, CA, US
Socialarc is a leading social media marketing company working with multiple Fortune 500 and Global clients. You can learn more about us at http://socialarc.com.
We are looking for an experienced, well rounded Perl engineer to help build a Big Data social business intelligence platform that uses a high availability, horizontally distributed computing grid on AWS (or an AWS based service like Dotcloud) and a vertical scaling cloud store like Vertica or Xeround.
To be successful in this role, you will need to toggle between thinking like an architect and producing great code. A love for data and analytics can't hurt either. You will also need hands on experience in at least one of the following areas:
Automated Batch Reporting and Calculations
Text Transformation and JSON parsing
Distributed & Cloud Computing
AWS / EC2 / RDS provisioning
Application module distribution and management
Forked, parallel and distributed process
· Mac OS X / Linux / Unix
· Modern OO Perl 5 including one of Moose / Mouse / Moo and DBIx::Class or DBI
· MySQL or PostgreSQL
· JSON and Mongo or CouchDB
· Git & GitHub
· Graph API and FQL
· Twitter Firehouse
· Google YouTube API
· Dancer / Mojolicious
· MapReduce / Hadoop / Pig
· Vertica / Dotcloud / Heroku / Cloudera
· JS, Jquery, Knockout, Backbone, Node
· Python or Ruby
This position can either be full-time or contract with telecommuting/offsite possibilities. Our office is located in Emeryville, CA with easy access to public transportation. Please send your resume and an articulate cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate Lead Engineer in the subject line.
• Compensation: Commensurate with experience
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
• Please, no phone calls about this job!
• Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.